2020 Board Members
President: Rich Gallik
Vice President: Rita Roberts
Secretary: Louise Gallik
Treasurer: Katrina Denny
Cecile Browning Nusbaum, Nico Recore, Bob Hazelton (Memberhip), Beth McCoy (Membership), Kevin Monroe.
DID you know
1) Friends of Anastasia State Park offers programs to school groups FREE OF CHARGE! Please contact the Park Services Specialist at (904) 461-2035
2) The Friends of Anastasia State Park logo is a representation of the Anastasia Island Beach Mouse which is an endangered species.
3) Friends of Anastasia State Park meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month (@ 6:00 PM) at the State Park office (near the Amphitheater), unless otherwise noted. All Friends members are welcome & encouraged to attend.
4) We are a non-profit Citizens Support Organization (CSO) for Anastasia State Park who support the park by providing programs & services that will enhance the experience of all who visit this special place.
Facts About Friends of Anastasia State Park
Who are the Friends of Anastasia State Park?
1) A Citizens Support Organization (CSO) for Anastasia State Park
2) People who know & appreciate the many resources of the park
3) People who know that our park is a special and unique place
4) People who support the park by providing programs & services that will enhance the experience of all who visit this special place
What will Friends do for Anastasia State Park?
1) Assist in the ranger station
2) Purchase native plants for eroded areas
3) Fund educational materials, guides, brochures & interpretive kiosks, etc. for the park
4) Sponsor new park events & assist with established ones
5) Provide volunteers for general park work, repairs & programs
6) Purchase & plant 2,000 sea oats annually
Why should you join Friends?
1) Take part in activities planned for all members
2) Help support & improve our beautiful Anastasia State Park
3) Volunteer in support of the many park activities available
4) Receive a pass for 12 free admissions to the park
5) Join with others who want to make the park an integral part of the community
6) Meet new & interesting people, socialize & make new friends
6) Be on our e-mail communications “mailing list” about happenings at the park & with Friends
7) Personal fulfillment, enjoyment & satisfaction
Thank you for being a “Friend” of one of Florida’s most beautiful natural treasures, Anastasia State Park!